Sunday 26 January 2014

Craft Room

My craft room is shortly to be undergoing  re-vamp, long story short, the buns that are currently living in the kitchen are, quite honestly, getting in the way, as the newly adopted Sweet Pea should be re-named Sweet Pea The Destroyer as she will take chunks out of anything and EVERYTHING, including the brand new kitchen that was only installed in August so we've had to restrain her/them in an x-pen which is taking up the majority of my lovely new kitchen which can't be enjoyed to it's fullest.  So, the buns are being relocated to my room, i.e., my craft room.

Stage 1 has already taken place, the sorting through "stuff" that doesn't get used, hasn't been used for years.  Quite honestly I moved into my craft room 10 years ago when we moved in and it hasn't had a sort out/overhaul since then.  Stuff has been added but nothing has ever been taken away (I think I might actually mean that literally!) so a lot of sorting out has happened, but a lot more needs to happen.  My craft room storage is mainly floor standing with units and drawers (maybe I should take some "before" pictures in the vein hope that the "after" ones will be so much better?) and lots of stuff stored under the sofa bed.  All this stuff needs to come off the floor otherwise The Destroyer will eat it!  And I don't want my craft stuff to be eaten (unless of course she poops something crafty!)

Last night I was mulling over how to store my ribbons, I don't have a huge collection and whilst in bed thinking about this particular problem, I know many of you use rails and/or baskets, mine was stored in a jar, on a hanging piece of string and just in a basket, then I had an idea, surely a trouser rail would do the job.  I spent half the night wondering if the bars would be too big for the holes in the middle of the spools.  I nearly got up in the middle of the night just to check as it was bugging me, but fortunately I managed to stay in bed and wait until this morning to check, and guess what?  It'a the perfect size.

Here is my new ribbon storage!




2 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY take 'before' & 'after' pics.. I really wanna see!!!!!! Good idea on the ribbon storage too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the request for before and after pics. I'm just contemplating doing the same overhaul but it seems overwhelming right now! I love the ribbon storage idea. Don't the best ideas come when you are in bed?

    ReplyDelete