Wednesday 13 June 2012

Father's Day Cards

Now, it's not very often I say this, if ever, but I am sooo pleased with the way this card turned out!  I'm not one for the shabby chic look and I don't  "do" distressing but I wanted a particular look that I couldn't just "buy" off the shelf.  I started with the watch fob shape which is by Art Parts but it came in a regular chipboard colour so I used Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap distress stain to darken it, but it still wasn't the right colour for a watch so I added some Liquid Pearls in Buttercup and smudged it with my finger and it was then the perfect effect I was after.

The background paper is Bo Bunny "Time Piece" and using some Core d'inations I used the Clockworks Cuttlebug folder and then sanded it to distress it a little to show the embossing a little more.  I also used some Doodlebug twine for a little extra embellishment and I found a pack of DCWV bits n pieces where I found the key.


The cogs in the bottom right corner came from a die cuts sheet by Kanban, there are 2 sheets in a pack, one sheet of silver and one of grey.  I liked the silver ones but I didn't have enough of the right size for two cards (I obviously have to make two the same, one for my Dad and one for Father-in-law) so I set out to "alter" the grey ones, again I stained them with the Tim Holtz ink and dabbed a bit of Buttercup and actually I ended up liking the altered ones more than the silver ones which I initially liked!

I'm now feeling very chuffed with myself and I thank you for looking x

1 comment:

  1. so you should feel chuffed!..It's great! & very unique xxx

    ReplyDelete