Wednesday 3 April 2013

Card In Support

This week my best friend's son goes into hospital for quite major operation and she is, naturally, worried sick, so I thought I would send her a card letting her know I'm here and giving her moral support.  I wish I could say I could take credit for this card, but alas, no, I've been on You Tube again and been watching my favourite crafty person, Mary from Craft TV and this is one that she did a tutorial on.



Using several mat layers using Bazzil cardstock and a piece of patterned paper from a paper stack that I got free with a craft magazine, I layered them onto the card, also using the Cricut Cartridges, Elegant Edges and Formal Occasions made the shaped mats and the dress and hangars.  Once the dress was cut I ran it through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and then ran the SU Old Olive stamp pad over it to highlight the dots and also ran it round the edges of the dress and also all the green layers of matting.  There was a belt that was cut at the same time as the wavy line at the bottom of the dress, but it was so small and fiddly, I didn't bother using it, but wrapped some embroidery thread around the dress instead.

I'm quite pleased with it and hopefully my friend will like it too.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment