Sunday 6 May 2012

Play Time

Having had the wonderful opportunity of spending the afternoon in my craft room, I started playing with  a piece of brown Stampin' Up card stock that I cut in half which meant I now had two card blanks, so it would be rude not to make two cards!

In this first card I used the Notably Ornate Stampin' Up stamp set edged in Tim Holtz tea dyed ink, mounted onto the same colour card.  It was wrapped with two layers on ribbons and mounted upon a double sided piece of Stampin' Up paper pack and embellished with some twine and pink pearls.  Also embellished with the "Just Because" stamp mounted on the same paper as the background paper.


The second card I made is also the same size and using the other piece of brown Stampin' Up card stock, I made this card....


It was mounted upon some pink card stock and then I used a patterned paper from a Dovecraft paper pack.  The cake and  cake stand (which unfortunately can hardly bee seen in this photo) were cut from the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge.  The flowers were cut and highlighted with a white highlighter and the centres were embellished with glossy accents and the middle layer of the cake was wrapped in a pink organza ribbon.

I have started on a few more cards, so you may be unfortunate enough to be subjected to those too very shortly.

Thank you for looking x

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are great!..The Notably ornate one looks brilliant with that backing paper! & the cake one is soooo pretty - You are the CricutMaster!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete